photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Monday, September 10, 2007

Kodak gets a nod

more Pere-Lachaise

I'm not a fan of Kodak film in general. I'm not sure why, other than I think Fuji & Agfas are better for cross-processing. I don't use a lot of print film and would only buy weird, decaying, long-forgotten Kodak stuff for that 'washed-out 1978 pop-culture-baby-blue' look. Recent Ektachrome formulations definitely have pleasing greens. Sometimes the tones are subdued and rock, contrast-wise. The reason I'm dorking out about this is, before I left, I secured 6 rolls of Kodak Ektachrome Elite II EB 100, expired sometime in the 90's I believe. I had never heard of it before and the price was right on ebay. In short, it's hotness. It's got some craziness in the blue-green realm. The sky-blue colors are crushingly sky-blue when crossed. It also picks up a lot of fringe color and exacerbates the vignetting on this 40mm Nokton like mad. So Kodak gets an A on this (naturally) discontinued film. Film-nerd, out.

It's drizzling and chilly here today. Hello, Fall.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger peevish said...

this is so fucking gorgeous. you are totally right about the hotness of it.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home