photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Friday, August 31, 2007

Munich: Day 5


So there's this Abbey/Brewery at the top of this giant hill. We hiked up this thing for what must have been at least 45 minutes through these beautiful woods. At one point we even saw some stairs but decided to stay on the path for fear of wood trolls. The beer is supposed to be top notch and it's our last day so we're primed -even after a 45 minute S-Bahn train out to the country. We finally get to the top and it's no lie, the best beer I have ever tasted. I drank more than my share of it as we tried various schnapps to decide what was worth taking back. After some MORE pork and Dopplebock Dunkel and pretzel and butter we decide to grab the a few bottles of the schnapps for peeps back home. Only now the shop is closed and it's going to be getting dark soon. We still have the hike back down to accomplish, now saturated with alcohol.

Needless to say there's a lot of blurry pictures after this one.


I present to you, the place that made me give up beer for over two weeks, Andechs Brewery and Abbey, on the Holy Mount. (cue angelic chorus)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you gave up beer?

Gulp.

4:44 AM  
Blogger peevish said...

I guess it was just that good. Wow.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home