photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Thursday, September 06, 2007

It's a funny story, actually


I (try to) have a policy.

I don't generally show the pictures I have taken of my friends unless I ask. I seem to be making this exception lately. Yesterday was a good example. Shane probably has no idea I put his mug up there. I have wanted to put up a simple picture the past few days, only I haven't been able to discuss the image I want to use with the person in it. It's frustrating. Really, it's what I want to say more than the image. I have something that I feel is that important that it allows me to forgo or forget my policy and just do what I want.

Since I have been throwing this dilemma around my skull for a while now, I actually have more images I want to use for this simple block of prose. It's not getting easier, not by a longshot. So with that, I must apologize. Not to you, reader, unless it is the one reader about whom this really pertains to. So, I'm sorry, love, but I really really must get this off of my chest.

I've shown off some of my favorites, or at least the ones I had developed already, of my trip to Europa. In case you didn't see, it was 5 days in Paris, 3 days in Amsterdam and 5 days in Munich. That's a bit of a whirlwind. It's also part of a whirlwind. The thing is, I would have never been able to even approach Paris, much less the east coast without one amazing woman. This beautiful girl makes me feel excited, nervous, confident, anxious, content, exhilirated, proud and a gamut of other less-descriptive emotives. (yeah I doubt that's a word). She got me there, no buts about it.

So, if I have a big print of the gargoyles of Notre Dame, it's because of her. If I got a creepy-cool shot of Pere Lachaise with the Holga, it's because she truly wanted me to be there. If I now know without a doubt that Paris has a stubborn, foul odor and can joke about it to someone I barley know that has been there and knows exactly what I'm talking about, it's because I got to joke about it with her first. If I know what it feels like to be nearly moved to tears in front of works of art that I have only seen in over-priced textbooks, it's because she wanted nothing more than to get be there, with her, no matter what. That's a once in a lifetime trip, folks, and I had the best travel-buddy you could get.

So thank you, love. I'm sorry I didn't ask. I know you haven't even seen this yet.

We got to see all of that, didn't we?

Yup.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger peevish said...

Aww, that's adorable! But what does she think about it??

And which camera did you use to snap that photo?

5:25 PM  
Blogger peevish said...

Seriously, though, I couldn't be happier for you. Thanks for sharing her with us, your innernest audience.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home