photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Are You Experienced?



Lots of thoughts on Velvia100 & LC-A. Yes, this means it's here and has been put through it's first roll. Auto-doubles and xpro. If there's a button to push, I have a tendancy to want to push it, hard.
  1. Fresh Velvia is much different than expired Velvia.
  2. Tungsten light increases the colorization effect of cross-processing drastically.
  3. I can write a levels adjustment that semi-accurately produces images that one would see on a lab print, if one were so inclined to order prints from the lab instead of scanning themselves. I base this on experience and research, i.e. hours in front of flickr. A machine is a machine is a machine, mostly. Different chemisty affects it in different ways. Your mileage may vary.
  4. The LC-A is fun but might be scratching the lowers thirds.
  5. No need to push with 100, freshly doubled. I would push 50 though, shot at 400, in a heartbeat, just to see it.
  6. The LC-A should have an 800 setting, just because I said so. Apparently the (+) version has higher ASA's.
  7. Initial testing passes. Might wield this tonight at the John Vanderslice show. You should go.
Ok then. Let's see if we can move the images under now...




Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger peevish said...

Woohoo!

I like the 1st & 3rd shots, esp.
What does that mean, scratching the lower thirds? Like, of the frames?

I'd love to get an lc-a+.

I'm happy for you!

3:50 PM  
Blogger photoked said...

Thanks Lisa. Thought you might be sniffing around here. Always very nice to have you come by.

Yes, the pressure plate or the actual surface edges where the emulsion side of the film tracks across may have something scratching the fillum. It could also be the lab too. I won't know for sure until I put a few more rolls through it.

I'm just happy the effer works.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home