photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Monday, January 01, 2007

The pressures of 1/1


Wouldn't it be great if I had some amazing stories to share of my 'coming out of retirement' bartending gig? Yeah. Or maybe if I had some horrific barfight story? I don't seem to remember any barfights. I did cut my finger though. There was plenty of bar, people and some money, which is why I was there. Mercenary mentality. Actually mercenaries would hold their clients to pay when things got a little fuzzy and exactly where the credit card tips would be going... So then. Let's work on a construct of brevity. Highlights and lowlights of the night. Lowlights:
  • Getting off of the late-coming light rail knowing full well that the directions were confusing and probably wrong. Still I persisted, knowing that I could blame the owner for giving me shitty directions. A six dollar cab ride eventually gets me there after running through snow and almost falling about 19 times. I'm warmed up.
  • Couldn't actually see the burlesque show but the women were beautiful, charming and full of admirers. Naturally, we all met over drinks- theirs.
  • The money is very rarely as good as they say it is.
  • Wondering if the light rail would still be running at 3:30 AM, when I finally walked back to the station.
  • Having to change trains, only to go back downtown and then turn around because of some confusion, which creates more confusion for the overtired and overdrunk crowd.
  • Falling asleep at 5:30 AM.
Highlights, then:
  • Having consulted with a few people re: the train confusion as I was very near stone-sober, I met three nice people. Two of them promptly fell asleep after the train change and the other and I had great conversation. We exchanged stories of our night and how it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. We also exchanged phone numbers, clumsily, of course. I was glad I that I put away my headphones.
  • Getting asked for cocaine at least three times and sending them off in different directions, hoping that they would run into one another eventually with confused looks. They didn't order drinks.
  • Twenty five dollar tips.
  • Women 'buying' me shots to do with them over the bar.
  • Finding secret spots in your town, hidden in plain sight.
  • Another 'fresh start', even if only in metaphor.
So that was an abridged version of the night. I hope yours was excellent and that you made it count. Every day should count, champagne or not.

Sending love -(I will trade you for a snowplow),
k

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home