photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Stalling


I've been staring at this blank page for a while. Staring = I've been flitting around a bunch of different websites looking for the full mp3 of the NPR Ben Gibbard podcast instead of the beautifully encoded and brilliant stream. (1. Should I use the word 'flitting' if it is indeed a word? 2.Why do I feel the need to 'own' this when I am listening it to it right now? 3.Answer to 2 is road-trip and sharing something great. 4. I really don't like the word podcast. It implies Apple owns this type of media which makes me think of how lofty their 'things' can be. 5. Gibbard is fucking amazing.)

Where was I? Besides anxiously awaiting the forthcoming encore which contains One of the best songs I have ever listened to. oh yeah, the giant list staring back at me. It was much nicer to look at outside in the warm sun. Laptops are screaming at me right now for this reason. Especially a shiny MacBook Pro. Oh look, someone dropped 5 G's on my door. I can just go ahead and think real hard about this. I know right where the $ would go. Airline tickets, MacBook Pro, Film, misc debts. Truth is I don't need any of it. I do want those airline tickets very badly though. I will prove it.


Mostly I am avoiding the aforementioned giant list of tasks. While I contemplate burning the whole thing and running out to sell some plasma, do yourself a favor and give this thing a listen. I will stay dilligent as NPR will probably make it a download soon.

6. Music throws me around like a rag doll.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger peevish said...

Love Ben Gibbard!

What is it in that photo? It fascinates me.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home