photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Friday, August 11, 2006

On Shore Lunch

Do you know what shore lunch is?

I'm thinking I don't but everyone else seems to as we've purchased things for it. As it is explained to me, the main ingredients are fish that we've caught, breading, some potatoes, onions, creamed corn and a slice of land we can park our boat on and make a fire to cook all the other things on.

One thing that I've noticed in this supreme wilderness is the decided lack of shoreline, beach or prominent rock outcroppings. Where are we supposed to park? Places are being documented as we learn the lake to come back to. It is decided that today, our first real day of fishing that we should have shore lunch. Well we didn't bring any of those things but we did catch fish so that means we have to go back to camp for shore lunch. But this isn't real shore lunch, I think to myself. I'm here for the duration, for the long haul and for the authenticity of it all and I want it, damnit. This is fake shore lunch. We'll have a gas stove and full kitchen and utensils and we won't have lugged those giant cast iron skillets around, etc...

I'm really not that put out as since I am now changing my usual diet of 6 small, somewhat healthy meals/snacks to 3 giant heavy meals, I am starving by mid-morning.

The fishing is actually pretty easy and we come across 5 fairly good-sized walleye quickly. Here, that's equal to about 3 pounds and 16 inches of fish. We pretty much 'decide' to stop throwing them back after we hook them. it's that easy here. I will be ruined for fishing anywhere that I don't get a bite for longer than 15 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home