photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

You stole my lunch

~this image has nothing to do with this entry other than I really like it~

So I spent all of my lunch wrangling HTML- yeah right. I couldn't html my way out of a wet paper img tag.

urp. something about that last sentence didn't sit right.


Let's get on with it then. I did some simple coding and button making and uploading in order to add something to this humble blog. Now I can design, no problem. I can design image-type-things that make people who don't normally pour over cool design 'ooh' and 'aaaah' over it. Regular (cool) design people will prolly shrug at a flyer I make or a page and say something like 'nice 10 minutes in p-shop, lackey' and I can get on with that, because it prolly only really did take around 10 minutes. This does not help my procrastination bug either, but that's another story.

Why did I need to add a blogroll, or a pimp list or a 'look at this because I like it' thing? For one thing, because it was something to do. For another, I have been lead around a whole slew of a friend's contributions to the internet today and got to see that she does some of the same dorky things that i do, all over the place. It was fun because we both know we're dorks and we barely keep it a secret. We act like we are cool most of the time and then we huddle up and say things like 'you know that one part in Tron...' I rest my case. So I have a great time interacting with said friend and I usually like to plug the things she is into and does because of it. It's like building a community with a couple of small items. It's part of being involved in a tipping point maybe, or just showing love and respect or whatever.


Somehow, that led me to reading a bunch of blogs and an errant flickr account viewing here and there.
Lately I have been subscribing to the idea that (1) people come and go in your life. I usually desperately try to keep some while others simply fade and blah blah. The rest of that thought is (2) These people have something to teach you and if you don't take the time to learn about them and about what it is the universe needs to show you through them, you miss out. Now there are some bad fish out there that you think are superb and they turn out to be not so. This happens. There are some that haphazardly spill coffee on your pants in line and then you go on happily ever after like in a cinema nightmare followed by near misses and other cliches. Then there are those that have no business being in your life and vice versa except for one small moment that you make a point to contemplate. You make an effort to grasp it and give it a little water and sun and just wait and see. I believe in that. I'm getting better at it. It's paid off in huge amounts to me the past few months. This attitude paid off today.

All I did was read some mystery blog I stumbled upon. I read a slew of entries because I thought it was good writing and it seemed to be a step above the blogs I have been reading lately in my wandering. There was a question about some music and there were a few bands listed that I had heard or were interested in. One of them, I'm listening to right now.

I heard
one track and sent an email to a music lover/amazing artist friend I know because I "furrowed my brow when I heard it". That, I discovered about myself today, means I really really like it, but it's different to me and my library and there's something pretty special about it. if I was an A&R rep, I'd sign them. I may not make any money but I'd be fucking proud. I got all goofy over a band called Camera Obscura. So you cool kids can moan now and say 'shit man, I knew about them years ago...luddite' and that's really really great for you. You're better than me, now move along.

I did not know about them until today and quite honestly, they are the bees knees to me at this moment. There are slews of comparisons to Belle and Sebastian, which I get, but this is something altogether different to me. Yeah we get it, same origins even, but B&S never made me put them on blast because I was looping streamed tracks like it was a morphine drip and daddy just lost his kneecaps.
Yeah I just called myself daddy, it's fun. Try it.

Let's wrap it up because this is getting way too long.
I can safely dedicate this blog to my jaybird buddy, which she will prolly hate me for and also a new aquaintance whom I look forward to reading more from and 'listening' to over there at the left, under my (cough)cool button. I don't think I read her name but the blog is Shoot the Duck and I don't know what that means. I have a lot of reading to do and it may be in there somewhere.

What's the point or the big idea that I lost somewhere along the way here? I love the connections that simple things like this bring about when I take the time to listen and look and feel something. I would never have been able to see the things I have seen or listen to the things I have listened to today and been able to pass them on and that would have been a damn shame. so...
Thank you both for draining my day away, which is fine, I gave it. But yeah, here's to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger the duck said...

Thanks for your thoughtful comment...And for reading. You must find a way to find 'those moments' on your own. Even if it's through listening to a song...or having one big deep breath. I look forward to reading you, too.

BTW, 'Shoot the Duck' is a roller skating move. Not very sophisticated, I know.

Best. Le Duck

7:01 PM  
Blogger photoked said...

"Fezzini said go back to the beginning..."

so I did and I saw it right there explained for me. But thank you. rad.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home