photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Part of the Process


I have already spent hours on this latest clean-up. This isn't Spring Cleaning, but more of a culling of photos, scans and negatives that just don't need to be around, taking up space, etc. Piles of them. Everything on the hard drives will get a look and must survive the "why do I care about this" test. That's what's going on.

Why should you care? Well, it can lead to a lot of discovery. That means that the stuff that I normally keep for myself or haven't even been able to get to or show will come to the front, finally. All the secret stuff, a good three years worth, is sitting around in books, bits, bytes or emblazoned onto photographic paper. Most of it will be around soon, for everyone's eyes.

In the meantime, I have a show up and one to help create. If anyone knows of a gallery with a solid rep and a 'call for artists', send mail my way.

The next month will be interesting as some changes are due. One stable and good thing has been going for a year though, and I am very thankful for that. I was reminded that I will be another year older soon. I commented that it's been a challenging year, one that has had big elements of testing and change for me. What I didn't say was that it's been on of the best years I can remember. Those times of testing and change have been internal, trying to find out what makes me tick and how to keep things together in the midst of great times as well as trying ones. It's been a great year of learning, I think. About me, sure, but also about how it is to be me. Even further, how it is to be me in relation to others, how I might be perceived and how I can really act and react.

This is the good stuff. So thank you.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home