photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Monday, August 14, 2006

Shhh, he's sleeping.



I could sleep all day.


I can't remember the last time I was this tired. I didn't even get into much trouble last night. Sure there were three bottles of wine and only one of them was consumed during dinner. Yes, there may have been other extra-curricular distractions as well but the point is it wasn't really that late. It was nearly perfect sleeping weather though with the mini-deluge we had earlier in the night.

Looking back, Saturday didn't help either with the street party put on by the kids at Fabric Lab. By the time I showed up, the fashion show was nearly over but DJ Idiom had just begun to get into it a little. We swung in for beers and to say hello and show love for the Yummies, once again. Ninja Nate made an appearance and there was a shout for Samurai Sammy, but BCD and I went to grab a drink down the street and didn't catch a glimpse of this new character. Little kids mixed with big kids were b-boying all over the chalk-art sidewalk that we, the audience, provided. Idiom threw down 'The Light' from Common and a good community vibe spread into everybody. The coolest thing about this area, and this night really, was getting to meet and hang with the people who really make up this small section of Colfax. From Hooked on Colfax to Babooskha to the Star Cafe? I was privelleged to meet a great group of people. I even met an edge of a circle of friends that I have recently been looking for. They know her, she knows him, they know you from way back. Denver still is the big small town. Hopefully I can get back down there soon, though that's a long drive for a cup of coffee. I'm sure they are worth every penny.

But still I was in bed by 1:30 or so.

Am I really just getting this old? Doubtful. I just left my rockstar at home. It's prolly under a bunch of junk in the basement.

Did you feel the August in the air this morning?

1 Comments:

Blogger peevish said...

Even rockstars need their beauty sleep. I mean ninjas.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home