photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Rock City


Big thanks to Jake and S for an excellent hand-crafted treat of some serious barbecue yesterday. A great time to be on the patio with friends and watch the sky open up right after we've nearly finished outside. Dessert was amazing. Mint julep sorbet with enough alcohol to begin the melting process once it hit another surface, like a spoon or a bowl. The ginger snap made it all come together. Too much food. I packed it in and thought about how far I would have to ride my bike to work off the spicy slaw and baked beans. I'll take full responsibility for working off the smoked pork. Amazing. I smelled like the smoker-cooked meal the rest of the day. Get the sensation.

Spent some time with Astrophagus last night at the Walnut Room. That place is really getting to be a venue I enjoy going to see bands and have a drink. Their prices are ok and I can range from a weak Abs X with a splash to a PBR if necessary. The lights in that place are better than most around. They can still have some music and the main bar out front in relative quiet with a band raging in the back.

The guys sounded great and it's always good to be encouraged to put a camera in front of them and see what you get. Met some nice new peeps and touched base with some friends from a life slightly passed. All in all a good time and when you show up at 10:30 for the 2nd opener, well at my age, you get small rock-star creds. It's what's good fo sho, as soon they will be famous and I will have a few good shots of some kick-ass musicians that just happen to remember when they would play the Walnut Room for 6 bucks.

I have homework. The room is getting gutted today. There's a movie to be watched with new company, lawn to mow, beer to drink after mowing, etc...

and miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep.

oh yeah! I won a polaroid SX-70 for next to nothing yesterday on ebay. Cross your fingers for me that it still works. The visible problem with it (and why I'm sure I got it for way less than 80 dollars) is that it doesn't close properly. Messing with optics? Not qualified. Fixing a hinge problem? I can handle that. The other problem is no more time-zero film. Please film manufacturers: STOP CANCELLING COOL FILMS.

It has to be one of the sexiest cameras ever made. As you may know, I'm a dork. But I'm a dork thats a sucker for opulent black and metal with supple faded leather that wants to go with me everywhere.

1 Comments:

Blogger peevish said...

Good luck with the camera!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home