photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Monday, December 11, 2006

A proper impression


So I have begun a book. It's actually up to 5 books. Last night I had the impetus to begin printing 4x6's of older negatives that I either never got around to printing but wanted to or some that I liked but lacked the darkroom skills to chemically render them as I had hoped.I got lost in there from around 4-12 I think it was. The luxury of unemployment must be taken advantage of at some point.

Since I have no papermaking or bookbinding skills, I have purchased a number of small sketchbooks that can hold the images. I plan to write things on some pages to mark something about the image. Where was I, what was I really interested in the image, a song or line of text in my mind at the time, just a marker of some kind.

Of course it can never be this simple. What about the newer stuff, the digital? It's not hand-pulled so it may have to be another collection. I think my intention is to really craft the first one and begin to experiment on the second. I have considered watercolor backgrounds if the pages could hold them. Certain colors of markers for the text or even slips of paper, found here and there placed in the waiting arms of an old typewriter long forgotten. In the ever-unquenchable lust "to-have" I began a search for a local typewriter that could work for me. I want to punch keys.

In the arms of all this technology that literally surrounds me everyday, I insist, sometimes, on going back to basics. I am still using the breadmaker to make the weeks bread today, however. Sourdough, since you asked.

Anyone have an old Underwood they're not using or a nice little blank book of about 10 pages? I'd like to make more of these type of things. The texture of it all feels soulful.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home